Maritime Operations Researcher
Contact DetailsEmail; email@example.com Phone; +353 (0)21 4335615
BiographyRob began his career in the Irish Defence Forces and served as a Naval Officer for twelve years fulfilling several sea going & shored based roles. During this time, Rob specialised primarily as a Deck Officer in which his most senior role was the Executive Officer and Second in Command of L.E. Eithne, the Naval Service Flagship. He also specialised in Learning and Development and Human Resources. After coming ashore, Rob completed a full-time Masters in Human Resources and Business and was awarded the Kemmy Business School Outstanding Scholar award for research completed during this programme. Rob joined the NMCI in 2015 fulfilling several lecturing and commercial training functions. Since joining the HALPIN Maritime Operations Team, Rob has been involved in a number of successful proposals and is project managing EU funded programmes in the Maritime Operations domain. Rob also fulfils several guest lecturing functions for University College Cork and the University of Limerick and supervises a number of research dissertations for various Irish 3rd level institutions each year.
Publications & Research Outputs
- Chapter in a Business & Human Resources textbook to be published in early 2018.
- Paper on Offshore Wind Farm Decommissioning in preparation.
- An examination of the Implications of the global financial crisis on the function of middle management within the public sector: A qualitative study of the roles of middle managers in Ireland during public sector change. Masters Thesis. 2015. Download.
- Nautical Fitness Solutions. Final year undergraduate dissertation. 2013. Request access.
- Project managed Training & Education asepcts of an Irish Naval Service Energy Management and Expenditure project that resulted in the Naval Service attaining ISO 50001 accreditation.