<<< Previous Page Next Page >>>
- In WP3 - Safe Arctic Navigation, HALPIN will lead T3.3 - Safe Arctic Navigation Assistance solutions development. HALPIN's work will focus particularly on the acquisition and codification of expert Arctic navigation knowledge, on developing solutions, roadmaps and strategies to manage navigation aids and communications platforms limitations in the Arctic and on Procdedures and training guidelines development.
- In WP4 - Integrated Safe Arctic Knowledge Base HALPIN will lead work on T4.3 - Safety Assessment of Low Flash Point Fuels that will include work on an Arctic Accident Safety Assessment.
- HALPIN is the WP6 - Stakeholder Engagement and Diffusion work package leader. Furthermore, HALPIN will lead T6.2 - Stakeholder Workshops Organisation.
- In WP7 - Project Management HALPIN is task leader for T7.3 - Quality & Risk Management.
- D3.5 - Codified Arctic Navigation Knowledge Base. (M12)
- D3.6 - Arctic Navigation & Communications Solutions, Roadmaps & Mitigation Strategies. (M24)
- D3.7 - Arctic Bridge Operating Procedures Manual. (M30)
- D4.3 - Safety Assessment of Low Flash Point Fuels. (M35)
- D7.4 - Quality Plan, Risk Log & Annual Quality and Risk Review Reports. (M6, 12, 18, 24, 30 & 36)
HALPIN Project Activities Summary
- [London, September 2017] Project manager Robert Lynch spent two days in London participating in an Advisory Board meeting for SEDNA. The meeting was hosted by the project co-ordinators BMT Global at their Teddington Office, with the purpose of discussing and outlining the proposed research methods with key industry experts. In attendance from an Advisory Board perspective, was Dr Kaj Riska of Total Ltd, Ms Diane Gilpin, Founder – CEO of the Smart Green Ship Alliance, Captain Nick Lambert, Former UK Hydrographer, Mr Rob Hindley of Lloyd’s Register and Dr Paul Jackson of Akzo Nobel – International Paints. The meeting itself acted as a validation workshop for the programme’s proposed methods, providing the consortium with key insights into current industry requirements from a regulatory, strategic planning & end-user perspective. Some of Halpin’s primary contribution to this meeting included outlining and discussing our proposed methods of completing the Low Flash Point Fuel piece, while also providing industry insights & expertise for the proposed programme.
<<< Previous Page Back to Top Next Page >>>